In this age of technology, there are always new apps to try, and one of the newest is the Cash App. It’s a way to give money to friends and family. With a few clicks on your phone or computer, you can help a family member or friend get out of a financial jam.
However, the Cash app is not like all other apps as they can be removed with one click. Since this app is linked to your bank account, there are a few extra steps you need to take before deleting it on your phone or computer.
Maybe you’ve found a new and better money storage app, or you just don’t like Cash App and want to delete it permanently. Whatever the case may be, you can remove Cash App in just a few easy steps. Here’s how.
- Open the Cash App on your iPhone (it’s a small app with a green dollar icon).
- If you have money in your account, click on the house icon that represents banking.
- In the lower left corner you will see Cash Out. Click this to automatically transfer money back to your account.
- Then tap on the silhouette of the person in the circle in the upper right corner. This represents your account.
5. Tap on Support
6. Tap on Something Else.
7. Scroll to the very bottom of the screen and select Account Settings.
8. Scroll to the bottom of the menu and click Close my Cash Account.
- Click Confirm if you are sure you want to delete your account.
10. You will receive an email asking you to confirm that you want to delete your account. Make sure you get this e-mail before uninstalling the application from the iPhone.
11. After confirming, hold down the app icon for a few seconds. A menu will appear in which you can tap Uninstall.
How do I remove a cash app account from an Android device?
Since smartphones have some of the same options these days, removing the Cash app on an Android device is a bit similar to how it is done on an iPhone. So you can follow the steps above for iPhone to remove the Cash app for Android.
Here are some additional tips to know before trying to permanently delete your account.
- Don’t just delete the app. Uninstalling the app may seem easy, but that would only mean that you removed it from your phone. All your banking information will be stored in your still active account. If you want to safely delete your account, you need to follow the steps above.
- Make sure you don’t have any money in the app. If you do this and delete your account, that money will simply disappear. Follow the step-by-step instructions on how to withdraw money from your account. Please do this before deleting your account.
- It only takes about 5 minutes to delete your account in the cash app, so make sure you follow the instructions as closely as possible to avoid mistakes.
How to remove a cash application account from a computer?
Working with an app that stores all your money can be quite intimidating, but you can always follow simple steps to make sure you are taking care of your money. Removing an account from the Cash app on your computer is as easy as it is on your smartphone. Here are the simple steps you need to follow:
- Open your internet browser and log into your Cash App account.
- Make sure you have cashed out all your money before deleting your account.
- Find Settings menu and left-click it.
- Choose Profile or Personality.
- If you scroll down you’ll find Delete or Deactivate Account. Click on it.
- Now you need to enter the reason for deleting the account.
- Click on the Confirm button to complete the process.
After completing all these steps, you can use the same email address, phone number, and bank account to create a new account. However, the payment history from the previous account will not be restored.
Information is crucial when you keep money in your online account. As we’ve shown, deleting your Cash App account can be simple and stress-free. Follow our steps carefully and you will avoid the risk of losing your hard earned money due to a mistake.